Friday 10 March 2017

IMDB Top 250 - From Shortest to Longest

The Internet Movie Database is undoubtedly one of the most reliable sources of information on all things cinema. It's coveted 'Top 250' films list is a constantly changing one, but generally it can be counted upon when separating the flops from the finest. And in the past I've tried to go about watching everything the list has to offer, but I found that the thing that always put me off was this - good films are long.

Not that this is a bad thing! Some films require the time to flesh out essential scenes and develop meaningful bonds between the character and viewer. And others just do what they want, *cough* Wolf of Wall Street...

So I've comprised a list spanning from the shortest of the 250 to the longest (sorry Gone With the Wind), of which so far I've covered:

Persona (1h25m)
Toy Story (1h21m)
The Kid (1h8m)
The General (1h15m)

Many will be re-watches for me I'm sure, but it'll at least give me the chance to review from a fresh perspective. I look forward to seeing where the list takes me and hope to find some good stuff along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment